Music therapy is simply the use of clinical and evidence-based music interventions to achieve individualized goals. Music therapy can be applied in addressing physical, emotional, social and cognitive skills. It is particularly effective in calming children.
Through our music therapy, children can acquire and strengthen skills that can be transferred to other areas. Music therapy also provides avenues for communication that can be especially helpful in non-verbal children.
Benefits of music therapy include:
· Improving social behaviors,
· Increasing focus and attention,
· Increasing communication attempts (vocalizations, verbalizations, gestures, and vocabulary),
· Reducing anxiety
· Improving body awareness and coordination
· Spurring the child’s interests in activities
At Blazing Heart Autism Centre, our well-equipped music therapy section provides a suitable environment for our children to express themselves through music, even as they learn and acquire basic skills.